Adult Care Worker
£19,006 - £20,553
Full time, permanent 42.5 hours per week
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of young people and adults?
Would you like to start your career in the care sector, or do you already have care experience?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are Outcomes First Group, a leading provider of education and care to children, young people and adults in the UK. We currently have an opportunity on our Options for Autism division to work at our home in the Grantham area. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
About the Home
Hazel House is a renovated property which has been adapted to meet the needs of the individuals within our care. A 4 bed site the house has a large enclosed garden, sensory corner and large communal areas which include a breakfast and kitchen area, dining room and lounge.
The home is within walking distance of Grantham centre and as such has fantastic access to local amenities. The home is also within walking distance of the train station and has its own mini bus to be used for activities with the residents.
The home is within commuting distance of Nottingham, Leicester, Peterborough, Lincoln and surrounding areas.
About the Role
This is a diverse position, where you will take the role of a corporate parent and positive role model, helping fulfil the needs of individuals within our care and improve their lives. Each day will be varied, when you start your shift you will receive a handover and begin your daily tasks. You could be taking the adults out on activities such as the cinema, shopping, to the Zoo or you could be spending the day within the home, educating, and enhancing life skills. You will be required to complete relevant paperwork, household chores, chaperone, and other activities. There will be occasions where you may have to administrate medication and maintain personal care.
We ensure our staff are fully trained for any situation; therefore, you will receive an induction, followed by shadow shifts and regular supervisions. As you will be faced with challenging behaviour, you will be fully trained in Management of Actual or Potential Aggression (MAPA)- a de-escalation and physical intervention training course.
Salary is based on a 42.5 hour week and varies depending on experience and qualifications.
Key Skills Required:
- We can consider both trainees and experienced Support Workers for this role, the salary will vary dependent upon experience and qualifications already obtained
- All applicants must be willing to work towards, or already hold the Level 2 Diploma is Health & Social Care (Adults)
- Must be keen to learn with a positive, passionate, and enthusiastic approach
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to record information accurately
- Flexibility to complete sleep-in duties if required
- Car drivers are preferred however this is not essential
Why work for us
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of others and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free parking available
The Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS and necessary checks. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.