Job Title: Waking Nights Support Worker
Location: Acorn Park School, Norfolk
Hours: 40 on Average- 21:45 to 9.15am on a two week rota
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Night support worker to join our team at Acorn Park based in Banham, Norfolk. Someone who is motivated by helping others, patient and resilient would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Acorn Park is a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School and Residential home. We help care for and support young people who have complex needs and specialise in the communication and learning challenges associated with Autism.
The Site is situated within Norfolk’s picturesque and tranquil countryside, close to the town of Banham. Due to the location, it would be beneficial for candidates to have a driving licence.
The aim of the site is to provide enough support to unlock each child’s potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide the young people with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable and understanding.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
Who are we looking for?
Acorn Park wants a responsible, friendly and thoughtful individual who has a passion for caring for and ultimately, making a difference to young lives. You will ideally understand some of the challenges that you could be faced with as it will be a challenging yet rewarding role.
We need someone who can be a role model, work well within a team, has great communication skills, can manage their workload and be prepared for the varying difficulties the role may present.
- Safeguard all young people in the estate and support them with their individual needs
- Support and develop the mental and physical health and wellbeing of individuals within the service
- Help improve the standard of living and confidence of every child and young adult
- Integrate into the supportive team
- Liaise with parents, teachers and other professionals with the best interests of the young people in mind
- Enable and support individuals to engage with the education system positively
- Work within the agreed care plans
- Help to promote structure, boundaries and domestic routines; ensuring a pleasant, clean and safe environment for the students in your care
- Undertake direct work with the student, in consultation with and as agreed with other professionals, to improve motor skills, social skills etc.
- To ensure high standards of personal hygiene for each student and support them with personal care needs
- You must be available to work the shifts required
- You must have the desire to complete a funded NVQ 3 at Acorn Park
- You must understand some of the difficulties that children on the Autistic Spectrum may present
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team
- Continuous professional development and training
- Internal Promotion
- Potential overtime
- Funded NVQ
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.