Adult Support Worker
Bank Staff - flexible full time / part time to be discussed
£8.72 - £9.15 per hour
If you are currently seeking a role where you can make a positive impact in the lives of others, we have the role for you!
We currently have opportunities for Adult Support Workers to join us on a Bank staff basis. Someone who is motivated by helping others, patient and resilient would be perfect for this role as previous experience isnt required.
About the Home
Millfield House is an attractive Edwardian House set in beautiful grounds. The home is a dedicated Adult services facility for residents with a diagnosis of autism, severe learning difficulties and associated challenging behaviour.
The building and grounds have been adapted to cater for the residents complex needs with the opportunity for the residents to have privacy, but also to be able to access communal spaces for recreation and the development of independent living skills.
Millfield House is within commuting distance from Grantham, Melton Mowbray, Leicester, Peterborough and Lincoln.
About the role
As an Adult Support Worker you will be assisting the Adults at the home with whatever support and assistance they may need, such as; help with night or morning routines, taking the residents on day trips, assisting with any problems or personal care needs they may have.
A key responsibility of the Support Worker is to always effectively safeguard those who are in our care, ensuring they are safe and healthy.
Other duties include liaising with colleagues on site, working to agreed care plans which have been designed to cater to the needs of each individual, and keeping the home clean and tidy.
This role would either suit an experienced Support Worker or someone looking to start their career within the Health and Social Care Sector as full training is provided.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
• Supporting learning experiences at home and the wider community using a variety of communication techniques
• Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
• Encouraging participation in daily activities, domestic duties and personal care
• Reporting and recording key aspects of care
• Playing a key role in the safeguarding of adults within our care
• Being a positive member of a close knit team dedicated to high quality care and the best possible service to those within our home
Who are we looking for?
• We can consider both trainees and experienced Support Workers for this role, the salary will vary dependent upon experience and qualifications
• All applicants must be willing to work towards, or already hold the Level 2 Diploma is Health & Social Care (Adults)
• Must be keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
• Effective communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to record information accurately
About the Group
Our Millfield House site is part of Options for Autism. Options for Autism is the dedicated Adult services division of Outcomes First Group. The adult division provides a wide range of support and care to over 200 adults with autism, learning disabilities and associated other health and support needs nationally, with more homes opening in 2020.
Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of children, adults, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning, we are seeking someone who shares our vision.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for