Options Vernon is a 14 bed residential home for adults with a range of learning disabilities and complex needs. Based in Littlehampton, we are within easy reach of Arundel, Bognor Regis, Goring-By-Sea and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Support Worker, your role will involve working at our specialist home to support adults with a range of learning and physical disabilities. Developing independent life skills by assisting with daily routines, accessing day services and participating in social activities; this role would suit a pro-active and passionate individual with a caring nature.
This role is offered on a bank contract and will give you the flexibility to choose your hours against our shift availability. We would contemplate candidates with previous experience or those looking to start their career in health and social care.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting learning experiences within the home and helping to support adults access the community.
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Assisting with daily activity, personal and domestic duties within living areas to keep them clean and habitable
- Assisting in helping our clients access daily services and annual holidays
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
Key Skills Required
- Hold or be willing to work towards Health & Social Care Level 2 or equivalent
- Keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- Confident to manage behaviours that may challenge
- Ability to record information accurately
- Flexibility to work shifts and complete sleep-in duties
- Ideally hold a full, UK clean driving licence
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 option 2 for further information.
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.