Options Higford is a DfE registered school and OFSTED rated children’s home offering a purpose-built service specially designed to meet the educational and development needs of the children in our care. Set in 28 acres of rolling Shropshire countryside, we provide a caring, structured and homely environment for our children. We are within commuting distance of Shifnal, Telford, Dudley, Stourbridge, Shrewsbury, Stafford, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Stone, Stoke and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
As a Residential Support Worker in Higford, Shropshire, your role will involve supporting children and young people with autism, learning difficulties and complex needs. The position focuses on developing independent life skills through individually designed programmes.
This role is offered on a full time (40 hour per week contract) working day shifts to include weekends and sleep-in duties (average 2 per month).
Salary scale : £19,137.60 - £21,176.60 per annum plus sleep in allowance
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Promoting life skills and independence in the home, developing domestic and personal skills
- Preparing for and encouraging morning routines
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
- Documenting all children’s activities, reporting and recording key aspects of their care
- Hold or be willing to train to Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Children or Young people) or equivalent
- Keen to work with children with complex and challenging behaviour
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
Please apply online now or call 01952 630600 for further information.
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.