Pupil Support Worker Talent Pool
Location: Belmont Secondary School – Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire.
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday (term time)
We are looking for Pupil Support Workers to add to our Talent Pool for Belmont Secondary School.
If you are interested in working with Children with Special Educational Needs and would like to be notified and considered for upcoming vacancies, please submit your application.
Applying for our Talent pool means that we will be able to contact you, if shortlisted, as soon as an opportunity is available in the School or area.
About the School
Belmont Secondary is an independent, specialist day school for boys 11 to 18, catering for children with a wide range of needs. Our dedicated team, work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Acorn Care and Education is part of the Outcomes First Group.
About the Role
We are looking for enthusiastic Pupil Support Workers to join this thriving specialist SEMH School. You will be assisting teaching staff in developing and implementing individual and group education and behavioural programmes. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual, who share our values and are looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
Who we are looking for
At Belmont Secondary, we want people who can turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’ and are motivated by working with children with complex needs. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children in a calm and engaging demeanour, whilst being resilient using an innovative style of teaching motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential.
Whilst previous experience of working in a SEN environment would be desirable, excellent support skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
- To assist teachers in developing and implementing individual educational programmes.
- Manage class behaviours effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to pupils’ needs in order to motive them and to ensure a good and safe working environment
- The prepare materials and equipment
- To support pupils emotional, social and behavioural wellbeing.
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Ability to build relationships with children and young people
- GCSE’s in Maths and English
- A dedicated work ethic to ensure the needs of all pupils
- Is passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable
- DBS cleared and satisfactory references
- Ability to work on own initiative
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it is a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
Please complete the application form in full with no gaps of employment from the age of 16 years.