Designated Safeguarding Lead
Location: Rutland, The Shires
Salary: up to £27,000 dependent on experience
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 17:30
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of young children and young people, we have the role for you!
We're looking for a Designated Safeguarding Lead to join our team at The Shires. The Shires consists of 2 schools, one is Stretton and one in Oakham, both schools are a special educational needs provision for 7 children aged 11-19. Someone who takes a more creative approach to the wellbeing of our pupils would be perfect.
About the School
The Shires consists of four sites all within a 15-minute drive of one another. The Shires in Oakham is a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School and Children’s Residential home within the Acorn Care and Education and NFA Group.
The ethos of The Shires is very much characterised by a ‘can do’ attitude. Staff share the value of creating a home-from-home for children that reflects a family atmosphere and cater for the children on an individual basis and ensure they are well-supported.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
The Designated Safeguarding Lead is responsible for the safeguard of all students in the school. You will need to ensure the highest standards are met for pupil care and welfare. Establishing and developing support for the school, in raising attendance, investigating persistent absences and improving punctuality. You will also be the first point of contact for staff regarding advice they need or concerns they have about the pupils. You will need to build good relationships with local authorities, social workers and the parents/families of our pupils.
We are particularly interested in candidates from a SEN background. Someone who is able to take the Lead Professional and co-ordinator of multi-agency for the care and well-being of our pupils and their families.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Designated Safeguarding Lead who wants to assist the Senior Leadership team in building working relationships with the Teachers and Care Workers to develop creative learning opportunities for the most reluctant and troubled learners.
No two days are the same at The Shires so we want staff members who can work at a pace to turn “can do” into “want to” and are motivated by working with children with complex needs. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children in a calm and engaging demeanour, whilst being resilient using innovative style of teaching motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. We want someone who places a focus on the positive outcomes of our children and takes responsibility for helping improve the lives of our young people.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships in order to promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise children’s achievement.
- Teaching pupils according to their educational needs and acknowledging that every lesson counts.
- Creating a well-ordered and secure environment that will ensure the educational well-being of individual children within the group.
- Working with school leaders to assist in the completion to teach individual pupil plans where pupils have specific needs.
- Contributing and cooperating with other staff and professional agencies as appropriate to the needs of the children.
- Must be educated to degree level
- The ability to write to a good standard of literacy to include excellent report writing skills
- A professional qualification relevant to the role such as Social Worker, Teaching, Youth Worker or other equivalent qualification.
- Ability to use ICT effectively for reporting purposes
- Drivers Licence and access to a vehicle
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour effectively
Why work for us
- Social activities
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Free School meals on site
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
This position is due to commence as soon as possible (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Applications are invited online though the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk. If you have any further questions regarding how to apply please contact 07471620525 or email email@example.com.
The Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS and necessary checks.