Hillingdon Manor School requires a Primary SEN Teacher to join their established team. Salary up to £28,355 – 40,035 per annum, depending on experience. Based in Hillingdon, Middlesex, we are in commuting distance of Cowley, Colham Green, Yiewsley, Hillingdon, Hayes and surrounding areas.
At Hillingdon Manor, we provide specialist education for c185 pupils, aged between 3.5-19. Located across two sites our Primary School Yiewsley Grange supports around c55 students. Within Yiewsley Grange we deploy a wide range of teaching strategies to engage and develop the progress of learners, who present with a range of learning difficulties and styles. Our students are taught in smaller class sizes and all students work towards an Equals Semi-Formal Curriculum and equivalent qualifications in functional skills.
Job Summary and Duties
As a qualified SEN Teacher at Yiewsley Grange, you will have a primary style, ‘class based’ teaching role and will be teaching pupils at EYFS with complex needs who have a wide range of abilities from very low to age-related expectations. This role would, therefore, suit a teacher who is confident in teaching a range of subjects within a semi-formal curriculum.
Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible and have a love of teaching students with special educational needs, including learning outside of the classroom and teaching life skills.
As a Primary Teacher, this role is offered on a permanent, term time only basis.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties as Primary SEN Teacher will include:
- Plan, deliver and teach individual students or small groups across a range of curriculum subjects
- Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teaching and clinical staff to ensure consistency
- Positively contribute to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure their progression
- Organise your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students
- Safeguard all students and ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times
Key Skills Required
- Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS)
- Have proven experience of teaching at EYFS
- Be experienced or have an interest working within an SEN setting (ASD / SLD / MLD)
- Be aware and have full knowledge of recent changes to the national curriculum
- Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level
If you are a dynamic, adaptable and compassionate individual looking for a Primary SEN Teacher role, please apply immediately. In return, we offer a salary scale of 28,355 - £40,035 per annum, depending on experience and excellent company benefits.
Please note, although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
Hillingdon Manor School forms part Outcomes First Group who employ approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of education and residential care services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Please note, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable candidates.