Hillcrest Eyton House is a newly registered 6 bed residential children’s home offering care and support to children aged 7 - 18 years with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Located in a rural setting, situated close to Weston-under-Lizard, Eyton House provides a caring, structured and homely environment for our children. The home is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment to support their personal and academic needs. We are within commuting distance of Telford, Cannock, Stafford, Great Wyrley, Wolverhampton, Walsall and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties:
Working as a Therapeutic Support Worker you will join an established and experienced care team in the mentoring and educating of children and young people who can display challenging behaviour. This position focuses on developing independent life skills whilst providing a therapeutic care environment. Staff are also involved in participating in a range of activities which are children enjoy, this includes swimming, athletics, camping, ice skating, bowling and day trips to local centres.
This role is offered on a permanent, full-time basis working a 2 on 4 off shift pattern, inclusive of sleep in shifts paid at an additional rate.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Positive engagement to encourage our children and young adults in their development
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development
- Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging
Key Skills required:
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
- Ability to provide a consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be prepared to drive as part of the role
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.