Adult Support Worker
Are you currently facing a career cross-roads and would like to explore new options?
Or, are you already experienced as a Support Worker / Care Worker?
If you have a passion for care and are now seeking a role where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others we would love to hear from you. We are hiring Support Workers to join our Millfield home based in Colsterworth which is within commuting distance of Melton Mowbray, Grantham, Peterborough and surrounding areas.
About the role
If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can make a positive difference to the lives of others, and you are patient, empathetic, resilient, and supportive we have the ideal role for you.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for assisting the Adults within our care with whatever they may need; help with daily routines, day trips, assisting with any problems or personal care needs. All residents at Millfield House are autistic, a key responsibility is to safeguard all those who are in our care and ensure they are safe and healthy sometimes dealing with challenging behaviours associated with autism. Other duties include liaising with other staff, working to agreed care plans and keeping the home clean and tidy.
Millfield House is an attractive Edwardian House set in beautiful grounds based in Colsterworth. The home is a dedicated Adult services facility for residents with a diagnosis of autism, severe learning difficulties and associated challenging behaviour. The building and grounds have been adapted to cater for the residents complex needs with the opportunity for the residents to have privacy, but also to be able to access communal spaces for recreation and the development of independent living skills.
We can consider both experienced Support Workers, and those who haven’t previously worked in a care environment before as a thorough induction programme, training and support are provided. People have successfully joined us from retail backgrounds, hospitality, fitness, nursing, trades industries and more!
- All applicants must be willing to work towards (or already hold) the Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) funded by ourselves
- You will be proactive and keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- You will have effective communication skills, both written and verbal able to record information accurately
- You will have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends (rotas to be discussed)
- Driving license and access to a car preferred
In return we offer
- Extensive training and career development across the Group
- A professional support network
- The Hub – our internal platform offering employee discounts for major retailers, recognition cards and a well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance scheme
- Option to purchase private medical
We are recruiting now! To be considered please apply online today.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for