Options Kinsale is located in a stunning rural location, overlooking the Dee Estuary. Our school provides specialist education for up to 25 pupils, aged 8 – 19 having a range of complex needs including ASD, Asperger’s Syndrome and ADHD, in addition to impaired social or cognitive functioning due to early life trauma and attachment difficulties.
Our school has an inclusive and innovative approach to support teaching and learning and is currently developing its curriculum to implement the new Welsh Government’s Successful Futures initiative.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will work in class sizes of 6 or less and support a wide range of teaching strategies to engage and develop the progress of our learners. You will have a passion for working with young people and helping them to achieve their full potential.
This role is offered on an initial 9 month Fixed Term Contract (with possible extension) to cover Maternity Leave. Working full time, 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday, term time only plus 5 inset days. Please note we are an independent school and therefore our school terms will differ from others in the local area.
As a Learning Support Assistant your day to day duties would involve:
- Working with the class teacher, assisting the children with their work and supporting with pupil behaviour
- Establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Supporting pupil assessment through gathering and recording evidence
- Supporting pupils on off-site educational activities, including driving pupils to off-site locations
Key Skills Required:
- Experience of working with autistic spectrum disorders and/or challenging behaviour
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to adapt the support required to meet the needs of individual students to positively impact on progress in learning
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written including basic ICT skills
- Ability to deal with complex and challenging behaviour
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence
Please apply online now or call 01745 562 500 for further information
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group/Options Kinsale is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and vulnerable adults in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check. We expect all employees to understand our Group Safeguarding Policy and undertake training. We will undertake recruitment checks throughout the recruitment process where permission has been given by candidates.