Salary: Up to £18,137 dependent on experience
Location: Poppy Lodge, Hayling Island
Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team at Poppy Lodge.
Hillcrest Poppy Lodge is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ registered 7 bed, boys residential home for children and young people aged 10-18 years with Social, Emotional and Mental health difficulties. The residential home is located near Portsmouth, within close proximity to the beach, and offers a therapeutic model of care to our residents which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Poppy Lodge is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum to support their personal and academic needs. Located in South Hampshire we are within commutable distance of Waterlooville, Gosport, Chichester, Bognor Regis, Fareham, Southampton and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
- Undertake routine maintenance and minor refurbishment of premises, fixtures and fittings as necessary
- Maintain the overall security arrangements of the site
- Take part in an out of hours on-call system that provides support to staff and attend site when necessary
- Take deliveries of stores, materials and other goods and to undertake porterage duties as required (including moving furniture, equipment etc)
- Good communication skills
- Compassionate – good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with children and young people, other staff remaining sensitive and empathetic
- Intuitive and caring nature
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the children and young people
- Full UK Driving Licence
In return our benefits include:
- Enhanced induction and training opportunities
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.