Job Title: Residential Care Worker
Salary: Up to £23,542.60 depending on experience
Hours: Whole time working - 7 days on 7 days off
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Residential Care Worker to join our team at Hampshire. Someone who can deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and who can work alongside education and clinical services would be perfect for this role.
Job Summary and Duties:
Participate in the rota for care of Service Users as part of the care team. To include:
- Personal care
- Organising and participating in appropriate activities for Service Users
- Domestic duties including laundry
- Cooking and shopping
- Transporting Service Users to appointments and activities
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to record information accurately
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to working positively with families and others
- Flexibility and willingness to work a shift system including weekends
- Ability to deal with complex and challenging behaviour
- A genuine regard and respect for this client group
- Ability to demonstrate empathy
- Basic IT skills
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Why work for us
- Social activities
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
- (Any other site specific or role specific benefits such as an NVQ 3 qualification, Free meals, Employee of the month etc)
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.