Outdoor Education Instructor
Location: Oak Tree School, Truro, Cornwall
Salary: Up to £19,000 dependent on experience
Hours: 42.5 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
We’re looking for a Outdoor Education Instructor to join the Oak Tree School team. Someone who is suitably qualified in a number of Outdoor Education activities would be perfect for this role.
Oak Tree School is a specialist provision positioned near the city of Truro in Cornwall. The school provides full-time specialist co-education for up to 65 children and young people aged 7 to 16 who experience social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours. These children and young people often cannot cope, function or achieve within a mainstream environment. The aim is to provide a structured, nurturing approach, with pupils accessing a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum to meet their significant needs
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through relentless focus on caring and learning
Who we are looking for
Applicants would benefit from previous experience of working with students who experience social, emotional, mental health, and associated challenging behaviours, but this is not essential as relevant training would be given to suitable candidates.
- Experience in delivering Outdoor Education lessons
- Full UK driving licence and use of own car with business insurance
- Suitably qualified in a number of Outdoor Education activities
- Able to build effective relationships and influence, convince, persuade or impress others - in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behaviour change
Why work for us
- Social activities
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Free School meals on site
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Applications are invited online though the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk. If you have any further questions regarding how to apply please contact Laura Hearl on 01872264221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Acorn care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.