If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for an Operations Manager to join our team at Options Higford in Shropshire.
About the Service:
Options Higford is a DfE registered school and OFSTED rated children’s home offering a purpose-built service specially designed to meet the educational and development needs of the children in our care. Set in 28 acres of rolling Shropshire countryside, we provide a caring, structured and homely environment for our children. We are within commuting distance of Shifnal, Telford, Dudley, Stourbridge, Shrewsbury, Stafford, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Stone, Stoke and surrounding towns.
About the Group:
Options Autism is part of the Outcomes First Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Service at Options Higford, this post is to support the day to day operations of our residential service, working closely with the Multi-Disciplinary Senior Team to ensure that all outcomes are achieved for the young people we support. The Successful candidate will be the Registered Manager for the Home, this role requires significant sector experience, with additional experience managing a residential service with Children, with autistic spectrum conditions and associated complex needs.
- Supporting the Head of Service and Senior Management team to develop and apply the strategy for the service
- Identify opportunities for the improved performance of existing service and future developments
- Working with the Head of Service to develop an operational and finance strategy
- Enhancing the profile and credibility of the service through positive relationships and working partnerships
- To ensure the Managers in the Home meet the requirements of the Registered and Placing Authority that meets the regulations set by the Regulatory Body at all times
- To enhance the profile and credibility of the service by developing positive relationships and partnerships with Placing Authorities, families and professional bodies
- To Safeguard all Service Users in the home and to ensure good safeguarding procedures and principles detailed by your local safeguarding board are in place
- Ensuring the highest standards of care and education, working to company standards, policies and procedures
- Hold a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services – Children and Young People’s Residential Management Pathway or equivalent qualification
- Significant relevant and current experience as a Registered Manager (or similar) in a children’s residential setting, with knowledge of the autistic spectrum conditions
- Substantial up to date knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements governing the operation of residential child care and education, with experience of implementing these requirements
- Sound knowledge and experience of legislation and best practice relating to looked after children from a care and education perspective
- Proven supervisory experience, having successfully managed and lead a large team
Why work for us:
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
Please apply online now or call 01952 630600 for further information.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.