Location: Oakfield House School, Preston.
Salary: £3,767 per year
Hours: 10 hours per week, Monday to Thursday
Contract: Permanent, Part Time, Term Time only
We are looking for a kitchen assistant for general food preparation. You will have experience and basic knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation skills.
About the School:
Oakfield House School is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 11, catering for children with a wide range of needs. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
About the Group:
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as 'Outstanding' or 'Good'.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role:
We are looking for a kitchen assistant to assist with general food preparation and lunch delivery. The successful candidate will be responsible for food preparation and supporting the cook where required ensuring food allergies/intolerances are considered.
This role is a term-time only (39weeks) 11:30am- 2pm Monday to Thursday.
- To assist the cook in general food preparation
- To help to maintain a high level of cleanliness and hygiene in all catering and dining areas across the three site
- To clean preparation equipment, areas and utensils to a high standard in a speedy manner
- To ensure that any food allergies and/or intolerances are catered for
- To ensure that all equipment and materials are used in accordance with Health & Safety guidelines
- To ensure that company equipment is kept in good order and propose solutions to repair any faulty tools or equipment to the appropriate manager.
- Undertake other duties as requested by your line manager in line with the execution of your role
Essential Skills and Competencies
- A clean and efficient approach to work
- Ability to work under own initiative on occasion.
- Understanding of the challenges of working in a special educational needs environment.
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
Acorn Education and Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.