Residential Care Worker
Location: Hungerford, Berkshire.
Salary: Up to £18,000 dependent on experience
Hours: 4 nights on, 4 nights off.
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
If you have been affected by Covid-19 and you are looking for a secure job, we may have the role for you! We are happy to review candidates who do not necessarily have Residential care experience. If you have worked within a role where skills such as de-escalation, helping with challenging behaviour and keeping calm under pressure were utilised, please do apply.
Spinney House is an Ofsted ‘good’ registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people between the ages of 7 – 17, with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The 5 bedded home is located in a rural, private estate in West Berkshire and offers a therapeutic model of care to the children we support which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. The home are supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum to support their personal and academic needs. Spinney house is located in the Newbury area and is within easy access from Swindon, Oxford, Andover, Basingstoke and Reading.
Acorn Education and Care Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Who we are looking for?
Spinney House are looking for candidates who can use their interests to engage with the children we work with. If you love boxing, sports, cooking, animals, hair and beauty, orienteering, video games etc. and you are a confident person, who has engaged with challenging behaviour, we would love to hear from you. Our children need support workers who are caring and empathetic but also supportive and reliable and who can confidently take control of a challenging situation to show our children and young people they are safe and secure.
Benefits of working for us:
- 3 weeks of paid holiday
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- No two days are ever the same
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Night Support Worker, your role will involve providing waking night cover to maintain the highest quality of care and support to Service Users at the Home in accordance with Company policies, procedures and practices and the standards set by the Regulatory Body.
This role is offered on a full time basis working 4 nights on / 4 nights off.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Positive engagement to encourage our children and young adults in their development
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development
- Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes:
- You must hold or be willing to work towards a Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
- Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience, or transferrable skills to allow working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.