Options Trent Acres is situated on a 12 acre site and offers an integrated residential, education and care package for children between 8 and 19 years with a wide range of complex needs, Autism and associated learning disabilities. We have a dedicated staff team who are focused on the delivery of high quality, child centred, bespoke packages of care and education. Our service is in within easy reach of Stoke, Derby, Telford, Stafford, Lichfield, Burntwood, Rugeley, Burton-on-Trent, Tamworth, Uttoxeter and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Residential Support Worker you will provide daily, quality care to children and young people with Complex Needs and also support their learning experiences in the school.
This role is offered on a full time basis working 7am – 11pm on a one on two off shift basis, equating to 10 or 11 shift days per month plus one training and development day. Staff will also be required to complete sleep-in duties on a rota basis therefore flexibility is essential.
Your day to day duties as a Residential Support Worker will involve:
- Working with our children and young people to support their education and individual life programme, promoting skills and independence whilst maintaining safeguarding procedures
- Managing challenging behaviour and helping to develop self-control techniques
- Supporting learning experiences in school and at home
- Organising and participating in a variety of off-site activities
- Documenting all children’s activities, to include reporting and recording key aspects of their care
- Completing sleep-in duties on a rota basis
Key Skills Required:
- Hold or be willing to work toward Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence although not essential
- Have proven experience of working within a residential setting and supporting children with complex and challenging behaviour
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the ability and willingness to work shifts, including weekends and sleep-in duties
Please apply online now or call 01523 437772 for further information
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.