Options Trent Acres, is a newly opened service and situated on a 12 acre site offering an integrated residential, education and care package for children between 8 and 19 years with a wide range of complex needs, Autism and associated learning disabilities The school is purpose built, modern and welcoming with a range of specialist learning areas including an indoor and outdoor riding school and outdoor gymnasium. Children also have the opportunity to work with our horses, donkeys, goats, alpaca and chickens. Learning outside of the classroom is a fundamental part of life at Trent Acres. We have a dedicated staff team who are focused on the delivery of high quality, child centred, bespoke packages of care and education. Our service is in within easy reach of Stoke, Derby, Telford, Stafford, Lichfield, Burntwood, Rugeley, Burton-on-Trent, Tamworth, Uttoxeter and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Teaching Assistant, you will work in class sizes of 5 or less and support a wide range of teaching strategies to engage and develop the progress of our learners. You will have a passion for working with young people and helping them to achieve their full potential.
This role is offered on a full time basis working 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday, term time only plus 5 inset days. Please note we are an independent school and therefore our school terms will differ from others in the local area.
Your day to day duties would involve:
- Working with the class teacher, assisting the children with their work and supporting with pupil behaviour
- Establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
Key Skills Required
- Experience of working with autistic spectrum disorders and/or challenging behaviour
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to adapt the support required to meet the needs of individual students to positively impact on progress in learning
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written including basic ICT skills
- Ability to deal with complex and challenging behaviour
Please apply online now or call 01543 473772 for further information
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.