Location: Bramfield House School, Halesworth, Suffolk.
Salary: £9,722 pro rata
Hours: Part Time, 25 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
About the School
Bramfield House School is an independent residential special educational needs school for boys aged 7 – 16 years who have social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours, located in rural Suffolk. The School has a committed and innovative multidisciplinary team, extensive site and excellent facilities to support both learning and extra-curricular activities; we are in a great position to provide our pupils with the best education and care possible.
We need highly-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want to make a real difference.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Education and Care provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
Purpose of Post
To work as part of our ‘one team’ to assist in the everyday education and care of young people.
- Offer a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be able to work on your own initiative (unsupervised), as well as part of a Team to maintain a high standard of cleanliness required throughout the school.
- Be able to use domestic and professional cleaning equipment; powered floor polisher, vacuum cleaners etc.
- Strip and make beds, cleaning of rooms as needed; toilets, showers, stairways, lobbies, windows, paintwork, corridors, outside steps and remove all litter and waste to outside bins.
- Be responsible at all times for your own and others Health and Safety.
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
This position is due to commence from November 2020 (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Applications are invited online through the Acorn Education and Care website: www.acorncare.co.uk
If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Sue Rogers, Domestic Team Leader at Bramfield House School on 01986 784235.
Acorn Education and Care are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer