Art and Catering Teacher
Location: Crookhey Hall Scholl, Cockerham, Lancaster.
Salary: Up to £26,361 dependent on experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Fixed Term, Maternity Cover - Term Time only
Be the Teacher you’ve always wanted to be.
As part of our continued growth, we now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Teacher to join our close-knit team at Crookhey Hall School, Cockerham. If you are looking to join a dedicated team in a school that will welcome your ideas and aim to re-engage the young people we teach, we would like to hear from you.
About the School
Crookhey Hall School is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 10 to 16, catering for children with a wide range of needs in Cockerham, Nr Lancaster. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
We have a team of fantastic multi-disciplinary specialists who work closely together to ﬁnd creative tailored solutions to support the emotional development to make a positive life changing difference to our students.
About the Role
Joining our team of dedicated teachers, you will be responsible for providing high quality teaching of a Art & Catering, to ensure the effective delivery of the school’s curriculum. The teachers at Crookhey Hall are encouraged to take a creative approach, seeking ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils through lessons that promote learning and raise levels of attainment.
The ideal candidate will successfully set targets for pupil success and be confident in using their knowledge and expertise to monitor progress. Teachers at Crookhey Hall Schhol give regular feedback and encourage our young people to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study.
We are part of the Acorn Education & Care Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Art & Catering Teacher who wants to spend less time on paperwork and more time developing creative learning opportunities for the most reluctant and troubled learners.
No two days are the same at Crookhey Hall School so we want Teachers who can work at pace to turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’ and are motivated by working with children with complex needs. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. The ideal candidate will be resilient, have a calm and engaging demeanour and enjoy working with children.
Whilst previous experience of working in within a SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships in order to promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise children’s achievement.
- Teaching pupils according to their educational needs and acknowledging that every lesson counts.
- Creating a well-ordered and secure environment that will ensure the educational well-being of individual children within the group.
- Ensuring careful and ongoing assessment of the pupils learning to inform further planning.
- Ensuring that tasks and activities are matched to the ability of the children- allowing them to make progress at the right pace and level
- Working with school leaders to complete and teach individual pupil plans where pupils have specific needs.
- Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
- Ability to use ICT effectively for teaching
- Excellent team player
- High expectation of others
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willing to undertake training
- Understanding of the curriculum in order for successful planning and delivery
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour effectively
- Have delivered GCSE Art
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
Acorn Education and Care are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check