Options Autism is part of the Outcomes First Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Teacher, you will support pupils with a range of abilities across a variety of subjects, ensuring the highest quality of education is delivered in line with the requirements of the national curriculum. The post holder will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our students with the very best outcomes through academic studies. The role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference.
The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic, committed and flexible with previous experience of functional skills, unit awards, BTEC and would suit someone within SEN/SEMH experience. The right person with the right approach is essential. This position will require teaching across a wide range of subjects.
The position if offered on a full time, permanent basis working 40 hours per week plus after school meetings (during term time only, including 5 non-pupil days). Job Share will be considered. We are looking to appoint a flexible, adaptable and dedicated individual with experience working with pupils with autism and behavioural difficulties.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
· Teaching across a varied range of subjects
· Preparing, planning and assessing teaching sessions whilst maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments
· Writing and implement individual education plans, making assessments of educational attainment, setting challenging yet achievable targets
· Build relationships with all young people, which will encourage their interest and participation in their education
· Creating an environment which is stimulating and purposeful for all pupils to promote teaching and learning outside the formal classroom settings.
Key Skills Required:
· Hold Qualified Teacher Status
· Have a background of teaching a range of subjects, delivering teaching at a good or outstanding level
· Knowledge of current education issues in relation to terms of practise, process and curriculum
· Be experienced working within an SEN setting, supporting with challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD)
· Effective communication skills with the ability to build ongoing positive relationships with the students
Please apply online now or call 01652 631280 for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group.