Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Barton School, Barton upon Humber
Salary: Up to £20,246 dependent on experience (Plus £500 on call duty allowance)
Hours: 40 per week, Mon – Fri (8.30am – 4.30pm, plus call out rota)
Can you work flexibly to enrich the lives of young people as a Maintenance Technician?
We are looking for responsible, caring people to join our fantastic team at Barton School as a Maintenance Technician.
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our fantastic team at Barton School. Working as Maintenance Technician you will support Options Barton School and its residential homes on site to maintain buildings and equipment to the high standards set by the company and external regulators. This role will require you to be adaptable and flexible as the jobs dictate your day. You will also have the ability to keep up to date written records alongside liaising with external professionals.
- Painting and Decorating of internal rooms and external areas
- General repair works to damaged fixtures and fittings
- Basic building works and carpentry repairs
- Ground maintenance and gardening
- Basic plumbing repairs and renewals
- Have an awareness and empathy with the Service Users for whom the service is provided and to carry out duties mindful of their needs
- Experience of General Maintenance/DIY
- Knowledge of working to strict Health and Safety Guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to completing day to day tasks effectively and timely
- Hold a full valid UK driving licence and be prepared to drive as part of the job
Options Barton is a DfE registered school and OFSTED rated children’s home offering a purpose-built service specially designed to meet the educational and development needs of the children in our care. We provide care to children and young people with autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties. Based in Barton Upon Humber, North Lincolnshire, we are within easy reach of Barton, Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Hull and surrounding towns.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care.
As a member of our Bank team, you will be able to choose hours against our shift availability, that work around your life.
Ultimately, all of our roles give you the opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
Please apply online now.
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.