Therapeutic Residential Care Worker
Location: Tadley, Hampshire.
Salary: £19,000 per annum FTE
Working Pattern: Working 2 days on 3 days off
Ashley Lodge is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 7-18 years with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties. The 6 bedded home, set in a rural location in North Hampshire, offers a holistic model of care and education for the residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment.
Ashley Lodge is within commutable distance from Reading, Basingstoke, Newbury, Slough and other surrounding towns and villages.
Acorn Education and Care Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a Therapeutic Support Worker you will join an established and experienced care team in the mentoring and educating of children and young people who can display challenging behaviour. This position focuses on developing independent life skills whilst providing a therapeutic care environment. Staff are also involved in participating in a range of activities which are children enjoy, such as athletics, camping, quad biking, abseiling and other outdoor pursuits.
This role is offered on a full-time basis, working 2 days on and 3 days off.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Positive engagement to encourage our children and young adults in their development
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development
- Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging
Key Skills Required:
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
- Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Please apply online now or call 01204 588 055 for Recruitment for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.