Maintenance Technician, Children’s Autism – Options Barton
£23,753 – £25, 563 per annum, depending on experience (Plus £500 on call duty allowance)
Barton upon Humber, North Lincolnshire
40 hours per week, plus call out rota
Options Autism is part of the Outcomes First Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Job Summary & Duties:
Currently recruiting for the role of Maintenance Team Leader for Options Barton. The role will supervise a small team of maintenance staff and have responsibility for day to day maintenance across their relevant site(s). Proactively managing and prioritising urgent requests along with planned maintenance, this role would suit an experienced and highly organised individual who is able to react positively to the needs of the business.
This role requires a full UK driving licence and is offered on a permanent full time basis working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business, along with participation in the on-call rota.
Duties would include:
- Supervising a small team of maintenance staff
- Providing all round general maintenance to include planned works, refurbishment and repair using DIY skills in basic plumbing, joinery, electrics and gardening.
- Ensuring all equipment and chemicals are used and handled correctly at all times in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and COSHH Regulations.
- Carrying out & recording weekly/monthly checks on heating, fire checks, water, site and vehicles.
- Grounds maintenance to include: keeping paths/drives clear from snow, ice, leaves and debris
- Attend Health and Safety and other relevant meetings
- Input purchase orders onto our in house system
Key Skills Required:
- Relevant experience of general maintenance
- Experience in a supervisory capacity
- Good IT skills
- Experience of working with strict Health and Safety guidelines
- Full driving licence
Apply online now or call 01652 631280 for further information.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.