Location: Crookhey Hall School, Cockerham, Lancaster
Salary: Up to £42,000 dependent on experience
Hours: 8.30am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
As part of our continued growth, we now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Deputy Headteacher to join our close-knit team at Crookhey Hall School, Cockerham. If you are looking to join a dedicated team in a school that will welcome your ideas and aim to re-engage the young people we teach, we would like to hear from you.
About the School:
Crookhey Hall School is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 10 to 16, catering for children with a wide range of needs in Cockerham, Nr Lancaster. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
We have a team of fantastic multi-disciplinary specialists who work closely together to ﬁnd creative tailored solutions to support the emotional development to make a positive life changing difference to our students
About the Group:
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Acorn Education and Care is part of the Outcomes First Group.
About the Role:
The Deputy Headteacher, under the direction of the Headteacher, will take a major role in:
- Formulating the aims and objectives of the school
- Establishing policies for achieving these aims and objectives
- Managing staff and resources to that end
- Monitoring progress towards the achievement of the school’s aims and objectives
- If the Headteacher is absent, the Deputy Headteacher will deputise, as directed by the Regional Director
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
This position is due to commence as soon as possible (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Applications are invited online through the Acorn Education website: www.acorncare.co.uk
Acorn Education and Care are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS