Senior Residential Care worker
Location: Denmead, Hants.
Salary: £27295 per anum
Hours: Full time – 40 hours per week
Denmead is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 7-18 years (part of the Outcomes First Group) with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, (SEMH). The residential home, set in a rural location in South Hampshire offers a holistic model of care and education for the residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Denmead is within commutable distance from Waterlooville, Fareham, Havant, Portsmouth, Gosport and other surrounding towns and villages.
Our Children’s Services division is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a Senior Residential Care Worker you will be supporting management by supervising a team of support workers on a day to day basis and co-ordinating the shifts within the residential home. You will ensure smooth and consistent care practices are operating within a safe and homely environment to encourage positive behaviours to which the children and young people care develop and grow within.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Leading shifts and supervising junior members of staff
- Undertake agreed, delegated management responsibilities on an ongoing basis
- Supporting the young people’s emotional needs
- Contributing towards maintaining a safe, warm and homely environment
- Building effective relationships with both the young people and key stakeholders
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
- Managing challenging behaviours
Key Skills Required
· Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
· Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
· Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
· Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Please apply online now or call 01204 558055 for Recruitment for further information.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.