Days Adult Support Worker – The Thicket
£19,497 - £20,906 per annum
Are you looking for a flexible role where you can really have an impact, working in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children young people and adults? If yes, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Days Adult Support Worker to join our site, The Thicket.
About the Home
Situated in a rural area of Otley, Leeds, The Thicket is a beautiful converted stone building with excellent facilities which have been purpose-built for adults with autistic spectrum conditions.
The Thicket offers adults with autism and complex needs the opportunity to develop their life skills and increase their confidence and emotional wellbeing. Importantly it focuses on community integration and inclusion, and is proud to see the residents lead happy, fulfilling lives.
About the Role
As a Days Adult Support Worker you will be involved in various activities to promote independent living for our adults with Autism. As a Support Worker, a confident, caring and flexible approach is essential as we tailor our care to match individual needs. This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis (average 43 hour per week contract), working day shifts to include weekends. Bank hours are also available working hours to suit subject to service requirements.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting adults at home and in the wider community
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Encouraging participation in daily tasks
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
- Be willing to work toward, or hold a Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care for Adults or equivalent
- Have proven experience as a support worker, ideally having worked with autism, learning difficulties or mental health needs.
- Be proactive and organised with a desire to develop an outstanding Outreach service
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including every other weekend
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence or have transport to and from work
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first class mental health support services
- Employee Reward Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
In return we offer a salary bracket which varies depending on experience and qualifications which can increase through longer term length of service. We are a fantastic business truly dedicated to positive outcomes and making a difference.
About the Group:
This home is part of the Outcomes First Group and sits within our specialist adults division, Options for Autism. The adult division (Options for Autism) provides a wide range of support and care to over 200 adults with autism, learning disabilities and associated other health and support needs nationally, with more homes opening in 2020. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Every day we improve the lives of thousands of children, adults, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning, we are seeking someone who shares our vision.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.