Job Title: Registered Manager
Location: Kidlington, Oxfordshire
Salary: £38,500 - £46,000 depending upon experience
Weaveley offers a holistic model of care and education for boys aged 8- 18, which is designed to stabilise extreme patterns of behaviour and provide positive, enriching life experiences. Our aim is to help young people achieve their full potential and prepare them for future independence. Weaveley is committed to promoting a level of independence within each child appropriate to their age, by working in partnership with relevant agencies, facilitating further education, training and employment opportunities. We make every effort to effectively engage and work with relevant persons involved in young people's care with the aim of ensuring that each young person's needs are met. Weaveley see a comprehensive, extensive, well-structured daily programme of adventurous activity as key in addressing problem behaviours and fostering a positive self-image and improving low self-esteem. Weekly house meetings are used to consult with the young people to plan the forthcoming week’s activities and menu planning.
Acorn Education and Care Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties:
We are looking to appoint an Ofsted experienced Registered Manager to oversee Weaveley which is an 8 bed home for boys aged 8 – 18.
Working as a Registered Manager you will take full responsibility of an independent, Ofsted registered children’s residential home. Through an innovative and person-centered approach, you will undertake management of the efficient operation, delivery and development of a residential SEMH service. As an effective manager, you will also ensure the highest quality of care and support is provided to all children whilst also leading and motivating an established care team.
This role is offered on a permanent, full-time basis, working 40 hours per week in any 7 day cycle (normally between 9 am – 5.00 pm, Monday – Friday although flexibility is required to accommodate the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends).
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Managing a home and ensuring you provide effective support to all our children, developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Supervising a team of Residential Care Workers and Team Leaders to include recruitment, mentoring, guidance, appraisals and induction.
- Leading and managing the home to be registered with Ofsted, including processes to attain a successful registration
- Completing regular reviews of support plans in line with individual needs, statutory guidelines and company policies.
- Providing strategic development of services to ensure best practice, continuous improvement and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
In return our benefits include:
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
Key Skills Required
- Hold a minimum qualification of RMA or QCF L4, Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent and be willing to work towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children & Young Peoples Service
- Previous experience in a managerial position within an Ofsted registered children’s (SEMH) residential setting.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others with experience supervising and managing staff
- Experience of working with external providers and professional bodies
- Passionate about providing quality care and support to young people who can display challenging behaviour
- Hold a full, valid UK driving licence and be willing to drive as part of the role
Please apply online now or call 01204 558055 for Recruitment for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care are therefore his post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.