Deputy Home Manager
Location: Steps, Chipping Norton
Salary: £23,542 - £26,188
Hours: Full Time
Steps is an 8 bedded registered residential facility which supports 8 boys and girls aged 6 – 13 years old with Social, Emotional, Mental Health difficulties. Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, the home is set is extensive grounds and even has its own small farm which encourages animal care and an understanding of the countryside. Located just outside Chipping Norton, easily accessible from Oxford, Banbury, Moreton-in-Marsh and other surrounding towns and villages.
Acorn Education and Care Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary & Duties
Working as a Residential Care Worker you will join an established and experienced care team in the mentoring and educating of children who can display challenging behaviour. This position focuses on developing independent life skills whilst providing a therapeutic care environment. Staff also play a key part in the wide range of activities the children enjoy such as swimming, football, fishing, horse riding, Cubs & Brownies
Acorn Education and Care Steps is a home for children who have social emotional and behavioural difficulties. Our children are not naughty they are traumatised by their childhoods and abuse they have endured. We look beyond behaviours and are curious as to what they mean - for example not feeling safe or missing family. The aim of Steps is to create a loving and nurturing environment where the children can flourish and start to recover. As a Residential Care Worker, you will be fully trained and very much be a part of our Steps family
We would also welcome applicants with activity-based backgrounds or people interested in music, football, rugby or outdoor pursuits!
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Positive engagement to encourage our children in their development
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development
- Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging
Key Skills Required:
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification, although not essential
- Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be prepared to drive as part of the role
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for Recruitment for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.