Adult Night Support Worker
£21434.40 - £22393.80 p.a DOE (£9.16 - £9.57 p.h)
Perm full time
Are you currently facing a career cross-roads and would like to explore new options?
Or, are you already experienced as a Support Worker / Care Worker?
If you have a passion for care and are now seeking a role where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others we would love to hear from you. We are hiring now for a Night Support Worker to join our Acorn Park team based in Norwich which is within commuting distance of Banham and surrounding areas.
About the role
As a Night Support Worker, you will provide a high quality service to the adults within our care. All residents of Acorn Park are adults with autism, learning disabilities or mental health needs, as Night Support Worker you will play a vital role in their day to day activities, care and safeguarding. You will receive a fantastic induction, buddy programme and ongoing support to ensure you are fully equipped for your new role.
Duties will include: Being available for residents whilst on shift, providing support and care as required. Facilitating the development of both personal and practical skills to enhance and promote independent living. Responding to situations and dealing with complex and sometimes challenging behaviour. Following best practice guidelines at all times. Working collaboratively with colleagues. Contributing to the happiness and wellbeing of those entrusted within our care, achieving the best possible outcomes.
About the home
Acorn Park is based in within Norfolk’s picturesque and tranquil countryside. CQC rated Good the home is a dedicated service for adults with autism and learning difficulties
We can consider both experienced Support Workers, and those who haven’t previously worked in a care environment before as a thorough induction programme, training and support are provided.
- All applicants must be willing to work towards (or already hold) the Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults)
- You will be proactive and keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- You will have effective communication skills, both written and verbal able to record information accurately
- You will have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends (rotas to be discussed)
- Driving license and access to a car essential.
In return we offer
- Extensive training and career development across the Group
- A professional support network
- The Hub – our internal platform offering employee discounts for major retailers, recognition cards and a well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance scheme
- Option to purchase private medical
To be considered please apply online now or call 01204 522667 for further information. We are interviewing and hiring actively for these opportunities.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.