Role: Unqualified Teacher
Position: Permanent (Term Time Only)
Site: Shifnal School
Hours of work: 40 (Monday - Friday)
Salary: £17,000 - £28,000 (£11.62 - £19.10 per hour)
Hillcrest Shifnal School is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered independent education campus offering a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boy and girls aged 5-19 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental health difficulties. Shifnal School strives to provide learning experiences and opportunities that will enhance the lives of all the students they educate; with the bespoke and balanced teaching allowing our students the ability to grow into confident and creative individuals. We are within commutable distance of Telford, Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton, Walsall, West Bromwich and other surrounding towns and villages.
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Job Summary and Duties
We are not looking for a specific subject matter. We are open to applicants who feel they have the skills to enhance our curriculum and bring something new. We are looking for someone who can bring something innovative to our school.
Working as an Unqualified Teacher, you will be expected to deliver training and education and co-ordinate flexible, person-centred programmes of study for designated individuals and groups of young people with SEMH. You will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our students with the very best outcomes through academic and vocational studies. The role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference.
This role is offered on a full time basis, (Term Time only) 40 hours per week plus after school meetings, to be agreed with the Head Teacher and may include lunchtime and after school clubs.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include -
- Planning, delivering and teaching individual students or small groups, in accordance with the school’s curriculum framework and related policies.
- Preparing, planning and assessing the subjects delivered to make sure they are in line with the children’s individual education plans
- Monitoring the progress of the children through regular tracking of performance
- Organising, preparing and writing reports for annual reviews for pupils
- Attending and actively participating in regular staff meeting
Delivering lessons creatively, using the whole site and not restricting learning to the classroom
Key Skills Required
- Minimum GCSE Grade C/4 in English Language and Maths (or equivalent qualification)
- Recognised FE/HE/Trade/Skill Qualification at minimum level 3
- Ideally you will have worked within a school environment, preferably SEMH
- Knowledge of the national curriculum and other programmes related to education
- The desire to work with a challenging client group and empower them to succeed
- Passionate about providing quality education to children and young people
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.