Hours: 37.5 hours per week; 8am-4pm term time
Salary: up to £45,000
Location: Epping, Essex
We are looking for a creative, resilient and open-minded Secondary English Teacher to join our family- feel team and to lead on literacy throughout the school. You must have a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring even the most challenging of minds and share our vision to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK, to be happy and to make their way in the world. We are looking for candidates with a minimum of one year’s experience, who want to develop, get involved, have their ideas heard, can influence and coach Teachers and Teaching Assistants and whose main priority is creating a safe and secure environment for young people to learn. Previous experience with autism is not essential as the school offers an outstanding professional development model. We are looking for qualified teachers for this position and those with specific core English curriculum experience would be essential.
The Tower School is for up to 62 pupils aged 11-18 who have a primary diagnosis of Autism. Our dedicated team, work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils in classes of no more than seven, supported by teaching assistants, a pastoral team and a clinical team.
The School is just a 10-minute walk from Epping station on the London Underground’s central line and with easy access from the M11 and M25.
The benefits of working for this school are:
- Intensive training including a Group wide 3 day induction, a site induction and buddy system
- Being part of a nationwide well established organisation
- Defined career pathways with support to achieve your goals
- Access to shopping discounts, a wellbeing platform and a CPD online course account
- Make a real difference to young people with autism
- Be at the forefront of developing English and Literacy at The Tower School
- No day is the same so you will never be bored!
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.