Job Title: Head of Maths
Location: Reddish Hall School, Stockport, Greater Manchester
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract: Permanent, term-time only
Not suitable for Newly Qualified Teachers
This is an exciting time to join Reddish Hall as we expand our provision with the opening of The Hive, our new vocational unit.
Reddish Hall School is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 18, catering for children with social emotional and mental health difficulties, with a high proportion of children who have a diagnosis of ASC. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across over 40 schools and over 80 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
Purpose of Job:
- To secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learning and achievement for all pupils in consultation with the Head Teacher;
- Improve the quality of pupils’ learning in Maths;
- Contribute to the development and / or implementation of Maths policy and procedure;
- Have lead responsibility for Maths across the school and develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance;
- Teach a range of subjects as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of the school’s curriculum. Work may sometimes be undertaken outside the main teaching area - this may include off site locations including college settings;
- In consultation with the Head Teacher undertake other identified areas of responsibility as necessary to ensure effective delivery of the school’s curriculum;
- To share the school’s responsibility to support and promote the learning, personal development and well-being of all students.
Please see Job Description
What we can offer you
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching.
- A friendly and inclusive working environment
- Free school meals
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.