Adult Support Worker - Flexible Working
Bank £9.16 - £9.57 per hour
Are you currently facing a career cross-roads and would like to explore new options?
Or, are you already experienced as a Support Worker / Care Worker?
If you have a passion for care and are now seeking a role where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others we would love to hear from you. We are hiring now for Bank Support Workers to join our Acorn Park home based in Norwich, Norfolk. The role of Bank is flexible, we release shifts available and you accept those you can do. Ideal for those who haven’t been a Support Worker before looking to experience the role and a great option for those who have worked in other sectors such as hospitality, the arts, retail, customer service currently impacted by the pandemic now seeking something flexible / temporary.
About the role
As a Bank Support Worker , you will provide a high quality service to the adults within our care. All residents of Acorn Park (adults division) are adults with autism, learning disabilities or mental health needs, as Support Worker you will play a vital role in their day to day activities, care and safeguarding. You will receive a fantastic induction, buddy programme and ongoing support to ensure you are fully equipped for your new role.
Duties will include: Being available for residents whilst on shift, providing support and care as required. Participating in fun activities with the residents such as swimming, gym, bowling, horse riding, football, music therapy, and walking. Supporting the development of personal and practical skills to enhance and promote independent living such as cooking and cleaning. Responding to situations and dealing with complex and sometimes challenging behaviour. Following best practice guidelines at all times. Working collaboratively with colleagues. Contributing to the happiness and wellbeing of those entrusted within our care, achieving the best possible outcomes.
About the home
Acorn Park adults is part of our Acorn Park estate, a 30 acre site situated within Norfolk's picturesque and tranquil countryside, close to the town of Banham. Here we have both educational and residential services, all dedicated to supporting those within our care to the highest possible standards.
We can consider both experienced Support Workers, and those who haven’t previously worked in a care environment before as a thorough induction programme, training and support are provided.
- You will be proactive and keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- You will have effective communication skills, both written and verbal able to record information accurately
- You will have the flexibility, availability and willingness to work shifts
- Manual Driving license and access to a car essential due to the requirements of the role and rural location of our home
- Local benefits include free parking, free meals, take-away nights, team building and training days and more!
- You will have our support to progress, including funding for relevant qualifications.
- A fantastic central induction, local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme (discounts on bikes/equipment), Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options such as advances on your earned pay when you need it most.
- We have recently also introduced “One moment in time” which is an extra days leave each year for you to use on a day special to you
- We are proud to have been certified as Great Place to Work for the second year running (based on feedback from our existing staff)
To be considered please apply online now or call 01953 888 656 for further information. We are interviewing and hiring actively for these opportunities.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.