Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire
Salary – up to £18,610 depending on experience
Outcomes First Group are innovators in education and care and the leading children’s service provider in the UK. We currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Psychologist to join our service Park School, based in Chipping Norton supporting within the region as required. Park School is a school specialising in SEMH for children between the ages of 7 and 18 years old. Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an already established in house clinical team, covering multiple sites across residential care and education in Oxfordshire. You will work under the supervision of a qualified psychologist, covering Park School and surrounding residential homes and contribute to the assessment and intervention plans for our children and young people with developmental trauma, autism, complex and SEMH needs.
You will also be expected to support the clinical team through the production of clinical reports, analysis of data and support the multi-disciplinary team.
This role is offered on a full time, fixed term basis.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Carrying out observations, assessments, and interacting with Service Users and staff teams
- Participating in multi-disciplinary meetings and generating written notes, protocols and policies concerned with the delivery and development of clinical services by providing a psychological perspective, following evidence based and good practice.
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive service user data analysis and intervention records and preparation of reports.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of creating a therapeutic environment
- Contributing to relevant research as agreed with the supervising psychologist.
- Honours degree in Psychology (2:1 or First Class)
- Eligibility for Graduate basis for Chartered Membership by the British Psychological Society
- Previous experience of paid or voluntary work within a trauma or complex needs setting.
- Clear and concise report writing relating to clinical and research activities
- Hold a full UK driving licence, with access to a car
- Ability to work independently as agreed under supervision
- A fantastic central induction, local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme (discounts on bikes/equipment), Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options such as advances on your earned pay when you need it most.
- We have recently also introduced “One moment in time” which is an extra days leave each year for you to use on a day special to you
- We are proud to have been certified as Great Place to Work for the second year running (based on feedback from our existing staff)
Please apply online now or call 020 8462 1010 for further information.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for