Job Title: Primary School Teacher
Start: September 2021
Salary: Up to £33,000 dependant on experience
Location: The Grange Therapeutic School, Knossington
Hours: 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday plus 5 teacher training days
Be the teacher you always wanted to be! If you are very child focused and really want to make your mark improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Primary Teacher to join The Grange Therapeutic School team. Someone with experience of teaching challenging pupils would be perfect for this role but we would also consider a talented and hard-working NQT.
About the School
The Grange Therapeutic School is an independent special school for young people aged 8 -18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Our school is based in a Victorian country house in Leicestershire with stunning views and fantastic facilities to develop not only the educational, but also the social and emotional needs of our pupils. With access to woods and lakes on site, the school has an ethos about delivering a personalised curriculum tailored to, and driven by, the individuals.
We offer the chance to teach in an environment where the emphasis is on excellent classroom practice with groups of up to 6 pupils and relationships are the key to success. Therefore we need hardworking, child centred staff who are resilient and willing to go the extra mile. In return we offer significant investment in your professional development, a supportive staff group and opportunities for progression for ambitious staff.
About the Role
We require a full time teacher to teach in our Lower School, ages 8-12. The pupils vary across the ability range with some above national average to those with secondary needs including mild learning and cognition needs.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with drive and a willingness to go the extra mile to improve the lives of the young people in our care. Strong inter-personal skills, team working and a sense of humour are also vital. They would also be expected to contribute to the wider school curriculum – for example offsite trips and outdoor education
About the Group:
We are part of Acorn Education and Care. We can promise you plenty of challenges and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide education and care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Acorn Education and Care is part of the Outcomes First Group.
- Have an understanding and interest in SEN
- Able to be perceptive in gauging mood and anxiety levels and be able to adapt your approach accordingly
- Have high standards and expectation of yourself and pupils
- Have a “can do” positive attitude with a willingness to go “the extra mile”
- Commitment to developing work practices and a willingness to try new ways of working and thinking
- Committed to personal and professional development
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Resilient, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Have a flexible approach and a willingness to contribute to the work of the overall school community
- Interested in the young people and their effective development
- Able to work as part of a team and be self-reliant.
Why work for us
- Opportunity to transform children’s lives
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Free School meals on site
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Applications are invited online though the Acorn Care and Education website www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk. If you have any further questions regarding how to apply or wish to arrange a visit please contact the school on email@example.com or call 01664 454264.
Acorn Education and Care are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.