Job Title: Caretaker/ Facilities Co-ordinator
Salary: FTE £20,000-25,000
Location: Jubilee School, Waterlooville
Hours: Part time, Monday – Friday, 24 hours a week
We are looking for a Caretaker/ Facilities Co-ordinator to join our team at Jubilee School. Someone with a friendly and helpful disposition who can draw upon their previous trade/ caretaking/ DIY experience, ensuring the school premises and site are a safe, clean and welcoming environment for the school community.
About the School
Jubilee School is a small co-educational day school, which helps educate and support children aged between 8 – 16 who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) challenges and additional complex behaviours. In addition to taking day students, Jubilee School is also linked with four residential homes and is located in Waterlooville, just outside of Portsmouth.
About the Role
As Caretaker/ Facilities Co-ordinator, you will be responsible for the maintenance and security of the school premises and vehicles. Meeting the needs of Health & Safety Legislation, you will ensure the premises, vehicles and grounds are maintained to a high standard, through the delivery of a professional service and by producing and maintaining a rolling programme of redecoration, repairs and maintenance.
There will be the occasional call-out, out of hours.
The position will require you to liaise with school staff, as well as external contractors.
Who we are looking for?
Friendly, reliable, approachable and flexible, you will have previous experience of working in a caretaking or facilities role. You will be conscientious and understand the importance of keeping high standards in and around the school, ensuring a safe and pleasant environment for all.
The post holder will:
- Be able to use their initiative;
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail;
- Have patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations;
- Have excellent ability to work alone or as part of team;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written; and,
- Be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all children.
About the Group
- We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
- We provide education and care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK an holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
- We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Why work for us
- Social activities
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Applications are invited online though the Acorn Education and Care website www.acorncare.co.uk. If you have any further questions regarding how to apply please contact 01204 558055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visits to the school prior to application are strongly encouraged. For further information please contact Kate Kendall – Office Manager on 023 9225 0963
Acorn Education and Care are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.