Permanent; Part Time
Salary - £27,000 - £35,000 FTE (dependent upon experience)
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Play Therapist to join our Clinical Well-Being Team at our Meadowcroft sites based in Wakefield. This is an ideal role for someone who has experience of working therapeutically with children and young people with ASD, learning disabilities and/ or complex developmental trauma.
You will be provide direct one-to-one sessions or group sessions as part of the requirements of the Education Health Care Plans (EHCP). As directed by the Clinical Wellbeing Lead the role will involve the provision of advice, information and training to staff, other members of the clinical/wellbeing and multi-professional teams, commissioners and other agencies.
Multi-professional working is essential in our aim to provide a high-quality service that promotes the wellbeing and interests of the children and young people we support. You will have the opportunity to work closely with other members of team, including with the onsite Speech and Language Therapist and Occupational Therapist.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a committed and dynamic Play Therapist to join The Outcomes First Group. You would need to demonstrate drive, motivation and resilience and the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams. Applicants must have;-
- Honours degree in relevant speciality and completion of a recognised and accredited Play Therapy course at Post Graduate Diploma Level or above.
- A relevant professional registration and experience of working with children with ASD and other complex needs is desirable.
- A driving license and car are essential due to the regional nature of the role.
Why work for us?
- Be part of a growing national organisation whose client group are professionally challenging
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
- Supportive team environment
- Well-resourced provision
- Professional supervision
- A network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection & practice development
- Company Pension Scheme and benefits
- Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
The Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for