School Nurse Salary: Up to £18,000 Actual Salary
Location: Bramfield, Halesworth, Suffolk
Hours: 20 hours per week – Term time only
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are currently looking to recruit a School Nurse to join our friendly team at Bramfield House School, based in Halesworth. The successful candidate will be a Registered Nurse with an interest or experience in working with children. Previous Practice or School Nursing would be an advantage although not essential.
About the School
Located in rural Suffolk, Bramfield House School is an independent residential special educational needs school for boys aged 7 – 16 years who have social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours. We are looking for an enthusiastic Nurse who can operate independently whilst also being part of a close-knit school team environment.
The school has a committed and innovative multidisciplinary team, extensive site and excellent facilities to support both learning and extra-curricular activities; we are in a great position to provide our pupils with the best education and care possible. We need highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want to make a real difference.
You will report to the designated safeguarding lead, and will work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, including Psychotherapists, SENDCO, Speech and Language Therapists, and Occupational Therapists, working together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life. We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students, so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
About the Role
The Nurse’s key responsibility is to provide a clinically effective, high-quality service of nursing care to pupils alongside first aid care to all members of the school community. You will be responsible for the strategic development of school nursing provision in line with recommended best practice guidelines from the RCN.
- Contributing and cooperating with other staff and professional agencies as appropriate to the needs of the children.
- Provide first aid
- Develop care plans for students
- Ensure all medication is obtained, recorded, administered
- Arrange for pupils to attend all health appointments as necessary
- Monitor student immunization records and maintain accurate medical records
- Promote health education and awareness to pupils and staff throughout the school
- Manage and maintain first aid kits and defibrillator
- Maintain school policies and procedures in respect of all health issues
- Undertake training when required and provide staff training regarding medication
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a patient, friendly and approachable School Nurse who would enjoy caring for the pupils at the school, with either Practice or School nursing experience or with an interest of working with children.
Whilst previous experience of working in a practice or school nursing environment would be desirable, excellent nursing skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Active NMC registration
- Ability to use ICT effectively
- You will receive a fantastic central induction, local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools such as recipes from Hello Fresh and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme (discounts on bikes/equipment), Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options such as advances on your earned pay when you need it most.
- We have recently also introduced “One moment in time” which is an extra day’s leave each year for you to use on a day important to you
- We are proud to have been certified as Great Place to Work for the second year running (based on feedback from our existing staff)
If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Davina Bell at Bramfield House School on 01986 784235.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.