Job Title: Primary Teacher Complex Needs
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent Term Time Only
New Barn is an Ofsted ‘Good’ rated School. It offers a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boys and girls, aged 6 – 19 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health complexities. New Barn School takes full advantage of its beautiful settings and fosters a love for using the outdoor curriculum including forest school, farm experiences and horse riding. The School is within a commutable distance of Swindon, Oxford, Andover, Basingstoke and Reading and other surrounding towns and villages.
Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties:
Working as a Primary Teacher for New Barn School, you will deliver fun educational based learning which is tailored to each of our pupils to ensure they will achieve positive results. The role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference. You will be expected to lead the teaching of and co-ordinate flexible, person-centred programmes of study for individuals and groups of children. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands on approach to teaching and be prepared to go above and beyond for the young people we support.
Following a thorough induction programme, your duties will include:
- Teaching a varied range of subjects
- Preparing, planning and assessing teaching sessions whilst maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments
- Writing and implement individual education plans, making assessments of educational attainment, setting challenging yet achievable targets
- Build relationships with all young people, which will encourage their interest and participation in their education
- Creating an environment which is stimulating and purposeful for all pupils to promote teaching and learning outside the formal classroom settings.
Key Skills Required:
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status
- Have a background of teaching a range of subjects at Primary Level, delivering teaching at a good or outstanding level
- Knowledge of current education issues in relation to terms of practise, process and curriculum
- Be experienced in or have an interest working within an SEN setting, supporting Children and young people with challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD)
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for further information
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.