Job Title: Estates Maintenance Team Member & PAT Testing
Salary: £19,000 per annum
Location: The Grange Therapeutic School
Hours: 37.5 hours per week working hours to be confirmed
Be the Maintenance Team Member you always wanted to be!
If you are very child focused and really want to make your mark improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you! We’re looking for an Experienced Maintenance Person to join The Grange Therapeutic School. To pro-actively keep the school’s estate at a high state of repair with sound planning and a high standard of finish and in compliance with the requirements of the Outcomes First Group Education and Care.
The Grange Therapeutic School is an independent special school for young people aged 7 -18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Our school is based in a Victorian country house in Leicestershire with stunning views and fantastic facilities to develop not only the educational, but also the social and emotional needs of our pupils. With access to woods and lakes on site, the school has an ethos about delivering a personalised curriculum tailored to, and driven by, the individuals. Therefore we need hardworking, child centred staff who are resilient and willing to go the extra mile. In return we offer significant investment in your professional development, a supportive staff group and opportunities for progression for ambitious staff.
We are part of Outcomes First Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career. We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as Outstanding or Good. We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills. Acorn Care and Education is part of the Outcomes First Group.
About the Role
• Ensure reactive maintenance is dealt with in a timely and safe manner.
• Ensure pro-active and preventative maintenance is carried out on a daily basis.
• Help to supervise major schemes of work carried out by external contractors
• Ensure the Health and Safety of all on site at all times by helping to manage the School’s Health and Safety procedures including the reporting of incidents as appropriate.
• To control testing of Portable Appliances and keep accurate records.
• Help to prepare work schedules covering school holidays
• Report and resolve damage to the Estates Manager.
• To carry out any relative works that the Estate Manager deems appropriate.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with drive and a willingness to go the extra mile to improve the lives of the young people in our care. Strong inter-personal skills, team working and a sense of humour are also vital. Must be honest, trustworthy and reliable and empathetic to working with and around young people with special educational needs and their families and carers.
Why work for us
• Employee Rewards Hub
• Free School meals on site
• No two days are ever the same
• Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
• Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
• Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Acorn care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.