Everyone deserves an incredible future
Join the Outcomes First Group family, build your incredible future and be one of the main reasons our vulnerable Children and Young Adults have a chance to create theirs
Whether you have previous care experience or are looking to start a new career and have a background in hospitality, the armed forces, outdoor education or other sectors, we have opportunities for everyone.
Job title: Senior Children’s Support Worker
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Up to £28,231 per annum plus £54 per Sleep in.
Essential: Driving licence and the right to work in the UK
We are recruiting compassionate, hardworking and resilient Senior Children’s Support Worker to work alongside the existing team at Old Vicarage to deliver a high quality of care and support to the children and young people in our care. You will contribute to individual Quality of Life Plans and provide a balanced programme of personal development focusing on social skills, independence and community involvement enabling the young people to achieve their full potential.
If you have no experience but want to make a difference and have transferrable skills from working in hospitality, activity centres, the forces or public services, we would be excited to hear from you and can provide you all the training and support to succeed and develop, being a Senior Children’s Support Worker .
You will be contracted to a 2 on 4 off shift pattern amounting to 40 hours per week. This therefore includes sleep-ins and an example shift patterns would be:
2 on 4 off shift pattern
Based on the above you will be working 40 hours per month (including your sleep-ins) equating to 120-130 shifts per year. However, flexibility is required.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges
- Assertive in difficult situations
- Open to new ways of thinking around our therapeutic model and parenting
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Hold a Full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Flexible in providing consistent support to the young people in our care
- Seeking career and personal development
- Are you ready to transform the life of a young person or child in crisis? Begin your personal journey today with Bryn Melyn Care.
At Bryn Melyn Care we are determined to allow our employees the opportunity to develop and progress within our organisation. We have structured development path ways available and we actively encourage all staff to achieve their full potential. We have a professional, friendly and supportive culture company wide. We work together with excellence, integrity and respect to continuously allow better futures for the children and young people that call BMC home.
We strive for every employee here at Bryn Melyn Care to have nothing but pride when working with us and when supporting our Children and Young People.
Are you seeking that work life balance?
Are you longing for a vocation not just to a “job”?
- Entry Level salary of £25,466-£27,231
- Competitive overtime rates
- Generous annual leave scheme with enhancements for service
- Personal Pension
- Life Assurance (after 12 months service)
- In-house L&D team offering robust and continuous training
- Intensive induction and training in PRICE, Foundations for Attachment (including PACE), Emergency First Aid etc.
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.