Job Title: Impartial Careers Advisor – Higher education
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Home Based with travel to colleges
Salary: Up to £30,000 dependant on experience
Contract: 12 months – with scope to become permanent
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group, and Options.
About the Role
Please note this role is based within Further Education
Are you dynamic, future focused and ready for a new challenge?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to help develop a brand-new team, ensuring some of the most vulnerable young people within our colleges are inspired explore their full potential.
Our specialist colleges are committed to helping our young people build incredible futures empowering them to make their way in the world. As an impartial career’s advisor, at the beginning of this exciting venture, you will have the opportunity to help grow and develop our new programme and your career!
As an impartial career’s advisor, you will be qualified to Level 6 in Careers Guidance and Advice. You will be responsible for independently delivering group careers information sessions and 1-2-1 student meetings to selected schools across the UK and providing support to staff both face to face and remotely. The role involves travel and overnight stays therefore flexibility is essential. Hotel and travel expenses are provided.
The young people within Outcomes First Group, require additional support for special educational needs and autism, therefore experience of supporting young people with Autism is essential. Additional support will be provided within the role and therefore is suitable for a newly qualified advisor.
We are looking for the right person, who be one of the first to steer our new venture to success. Although initially for 12 months, if successful for the right person, the role has the scope to become permanent.
- Applicants must hold a careers guidance qualification at Level 6 certificate or above.
- Experience in supporting young people with special educational needs and autism.
- Full clean driving license
- Flexible to adapt the role to the needs of the students and school.
- Motivated to the success of the venture and the outcomes of the young people.
- Confident in networking with external providers, to support with the organisation of next steps, work experience and careers fairs.
- labour market information, legislation, and professional and academic developments
What do we offer?
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Professional support network
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum to be taken within school holiday periods.