Job Title: Nursery Deputy Manager & SENCO Lead
Location: Hillingdon Nursery, Uxbridge
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Reports to: Nursery Manager
Hours: Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
We’re looking for a Nursery Deputy Head/SENCO to join our brand new team at HIllingdon Nursery.
We are recruiting for a Nursery Deputy Head/SENCO that will play a critical role in the overall development of our brand-new nursery and the service. This is a specialist nursery for children with neurodevelopmental conditions associated with Autism, and the Deputy Head will be the key point of contact for the regions clinical and wellbeing team and will be integral to embedding a therapeutically informed approach into the curriculum and culture of the nursery.
Our nursery wants a responsible, friendly, and thoughtful individual who has a passion for caring for and ultimately, making a difference to young lives. The successful candidate must have extensive knowledge of EYFS and child development and will be able to communicate effectively.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Level 3 SENCO award or willingness to undertake award
- NVQ Level 3 in childcare/early years or equivalent
- Ability to plan workloads and set priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively
- The belief that all children deserve a life of choice and opportunity
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all children
- Ability to work successfully with children with SEND
About the Nursery
Syon Manor Nursery is due to open in January 2022, the Nursery will specialise in providing both care and education for children with neurodevelopmental diversity and will be closely support by our established regional clinical and wellbeing team. The Nursery will initially open with a small number of Children and will steadily grow to a maximum capacity of 45.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join us?
- Your wellbeing matters hub
- Clear progression pathways – If your goal is to progress, let us know and we can put in place a career pathway for you to reach your goal.
- In house Learning and Talent team to help support your career goals
- Continuous Professional Development platform to use from anywhere
- Discounted Gym membership
- Access to 1000's of Shopping discounts
- Dedicated multi-disciplinary staff teams to learn from and support you.
- Local incentives
- Earn £1000 as an employee by referring a friend
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.