Vacancy Title: Residential Care Worker - Waking Nights
Location: Burghwood House, Horsham, West Sussex
Salary: £19,801.60 - £20,176.00 (£9.52 – £9.70 per hour) plus £45 per sleep in
Hours: 40 hours per week, 10pm to 8am
Burghwood House is an Ofsted registered care and education campus which is set in the picturesque countryside of West Sussex. The home offers a holistic model of care and education to children and young people aged 11 – 18 years, with Social, Emotional, Mental Health difficulties. Burghwood House seeks to maintain stable placements so that the residents build relationships, enhance their feelings of self-worth and develop a desire to learn. The home is located near Horsham and is commutable from Slinfold, Barns Green, Crawley, Leatherhead, Guildford, Worthing and other surrounding towns and villages.
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Night Support Worker, your role will involve providing waking night cover to maintain the highest quality of care and support to Service Users at the Home in accordance with Company policies, procedures and practices and the standards set by the Regulatory Body.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Positive engagement to encourage our children and young adults in their development
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development
- Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging
Key Skills Required:
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
- Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.