Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Location: Syon Manor College & Syon Nursery, Isleworth
Are you organised and meticulous? A great communicator? Do you want to share your ideas to create a fun, exciting and engaging college for Autistic children and young adults? Syon Manor College is looking for a proactive thinker who can help keep the environment organised, engage with the Schools stakeholders and perform any administration duty required for the running of the College or our Nursery.
The main purpose of this role is to provide a professional, effective and responsive administration service to the college community and attached nursery.
Previous experience with Special Educational Needs (SEN) is not essential but it is preferred. If you have no experience, please research Autism and the challenges it presents. Previous administration experience within a school or college environment is preferred but if you can demonstrate transferrable skills, we would love to hear from you!
- Answering calls and ensuring information received via mail, telephone or email is effectively processed or forwarded, ensuring high quality communication at all times.
- Answering queries and providing accurate messages to ensure that all individuals are dealt with promptly and appropriately, with diplomacy and discretion.
- Producing relevant school documents and typing correspondence.
- Processing supplier invoices, including generating purchase orders on the electronic purchasing system.
- Providing administration/clerical support for Syon Manor College
- Assisting with compiling information packs for professional meetings.
- Minute taking as required.
- Update, modify and retrieve data on both manual and computerised systems, as required, working within the appropriate deadlines and highlighting discrepancies, in order to provide accurate and useable management information.
- Ensure appropriate message/telephone options are correct for the college
- Update/distribute staff internal phone lists as and when required.
- Manage own effective personal development as part of the Company’s commitment to invest in staff as the key resource in the organisation.
- Ensure you meet statutory responsibilities with regard to Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation, and conform to professional and ethical requirements.
Syon Manor College is due to open in early 2022. The college will specialise in providing both care and education for children and young adults with a variety of complex needs including Autism and Neurodevelopmental Diversities.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care..
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now. For additional information, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.