Job Title: School Cook
Location: Syon Manor College, Isleworth
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours - Monday to Friday Term Time Only
Can you enrich the lives of young people as a College Cook?
We are looking for a full time College Cook to join our fantastic team at Syon Manor College. As a Cook you will help support our children and young people in their daily lives, ensuring they are well fed, comfortable, and healthy.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a team committed to helping children with varied and complex needs. You will oversee all aspects of catering at school, in particular the lunch-time meal for pupils and colleagues and a mid-morning snack, in addition to ensuring that hygiene and safety protocols are implemented to the highest standards.
Our School Cooks carry out an essential and role to provide meals required by the children and young people in our care. You will play an important part in the development of healthy habits and enjoyment of mealtimes for our learners. For many of our children, consistency is key, and our Schools Cooks take time to make sure everything is as it should be for a smooth lunchtime service and take pride in ensuring that hygiene and safety protocols are implemented to the highest standards.
Quality is always top of our agenda and we pride ourselves on the quality of what we do. We are looking for a School Cook who shares our vision to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK, to be happy and to make their way in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for development, as our School Cook will be able to support our learners in college to develop their cooking skills as a job coach.
- Assist in the monitoring of stock by date rotation, portion control and quality as directed by the lead cook
- To set up and clean down the kitchen areas before and after day-to-day use
- Assist in the necessary preparation for the day/weekly demand/needs of the college
- To be observant of the need to minimise waste
- To provide suitable food to students with special dietary requirements
- Check daily any visitor, staff and student meal time requirements
- To personally observe all measures relating to Health and Safety, hygiene and food hygiene requirements
- To report on any equipment or maintenance requirements
- Assist in ensuring supplies are ordered and are properly checked on delivery and that invoices are accurate
- To ensure all equipment and chemicals are used and handled correctly at all times, in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and COSHH Regulations
- Assist in keeping relevant records and reports accurate and up to date
- To respond timely and with flexibility to urgent or last-minute staff/students requirements
- To report any defeats, damage, theft, breakages or hazards to relevant staff immediately
Syon Manor College specialises in providing both care and education for children and young adults with a variety of complex needs including Autism and Neurodevelopmental Diversities.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care. Our benefits package includes free parking, shopping discounts and cashback via our ‘Rewards Hub’, and access to content on mindfulness, fitness, recipes and much more as part of our ‘Your Wellbeing Matters’ programme.
As well as opportunities for internal promotion, you will have access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development to help pursue your own personal goals. We also offer accredited training programmes including Diplomas and NVQs, supplemented by ongoing learning opportunities.
Ultimately, all of our roles give you the opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting thewelfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.