Everyone deserves an incredible future!
Become a Learning Support Assistant within our Assessment Centre at Glebedale School, part of Acorn Education and Care and start working towards yours.
Glebedale School is a DfE registered independent school for boys and girls with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and other complex learning needs aged 7 – 19 years old.
Based in Stoke-on-Trent and rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, the school is proud to provide a safe, stimulating, and nurturing environment, alongside a curriculum designed specifically to promote effective learning skills ad encourage the personal growth and development of all pupils to ensure that they reach their full potential.
We are within commutable distance of Stoke On Trent, Stafford, Keele and surrounding areas.
The aim of the site is to provide enough support to unlock each child’s potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide young people with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable, and understanding
Enjoy a rewarding education career and have a real impact on Children’s lives. Join an amazing team making our schools and classrooms supportive, enriching places where vulnerable children and young people achieve far more than they ever expected.
- Provide comprehensive, professional and tailored support to teachers to assist pupils with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom environment within a specialist assessment centre for young people with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs.
- Provide adaptable and flexible communications styles based on individuals pupil needs in order to achieve sustained progress
- To know, understand and role model OFG’s cultural and behavioural expectations as leading provider of therapeutic childcare and employer of choice.
- To know, understand and promote OFG’s service delivery as a leading provider of therapeutic childcare, as a commercial ambassador for the company.
Why join Acorn Education and Care?
- We are a values-driven organisation that puts people first
- Develop great experience, skills and understanding of SEMH and complex needs
- We provide continuous professional development to take your career further
- Funded accredited courses including Diplomas or NVQ’s to develop your career
- We build our bonds through a great social events calendar
- Our Your Wellbeing Matters initiative provides total support
- Our Employees Rewards Hub offers great rewards such as discount vouchers and discounted Gym Memberships
- Holidays are equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum
- £16,000 - £19,500 per annum
- 37.5 hours per week, Term time only hours!
- Permanent Position
- Earn £1000 by referring a friend
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
#Education #Childcare #OutdoorActivities #School #Tutor #learning #LSA #LearningSupportAssistant #assessmentcentre