Everyone deserves an incredible future!
Become a Teaching Assistant Apprentice at Yiewsley Grange School part of Options Autism and start working towards yours.
At Yiewsley Grange, we provide specialist education for c185 pupils, aged between 3.5 to 19. Within Yiewsley Grange we deploy a wide range of teaching strategies to engage and develop the progress of learners, who present with a range of learning difficulties and styles. Our students are taught in smaller class sizes and all students work towards an Equals Semi-Formal Curriculum and equivalent qualifications in functional skills.
The site is situated in West Drayton and is commutable from Slough, Windsor and surrounding areas.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join Yiewsley Grange to complete a recognised Teaching Assistant Level 3 Qualification whilst also learning to work within a school environment and have a real impact on Children’s lives. Join an amazing team making our schools and classrooms supportive, enriching places where vulnerable children and young people achieve far more than they ever expected.
Learners will build an advanced understanding of how to provide quality teaching and how to influence and support learners. Some of the areas of development include:
- Contributing to the implementation of learning activities
- Evaluating the performance of lesson plans and how to improve for the future
- Working independently in teaching group and individual activities
- Working in partnership with teachers to help support and deliver lesson plans and objectives
Yiewsley Grange School will support you through your qualification alongside Busy Bees Training Provider and you will have a dedicated mentor within school.
If you cannot provide certificates for Maths and English, you will be asked to complete your Functional Skills Maths and English as part of the apprenticeship.
You will be expected to do some ‘off-the-job (OJT) training, and you will be asked to do 20% of your contracted working hours undertaking this training. Your OJT must be relevant to the apprenticeship standard and will be supported by our school to provide you with new knowledge, skills and behaviours required for the role.
Why join Options Autism?
- We are a values-driven organisation that puts people first
- Develop great experience, skills and understanding of Autism and complex needs
- We provide continuous professional development to take your career further
- Funded Apprenticeship
- We build our bonds through a great social events calendar
- Our Your Wellbeing Matters initiative provides total support
- Our Employees Rewards Hub offers great rewards such as discount vouchers and discounted Gym Memberships
- Holidays are equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum
- We pay our Apprentices £16,725 per annum
- Term time only hours!
- Earn £1000 by referring a friend
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS
#Education #Childcare #OutdoorActivities #School #Tutor #learning #apprenticeship #teachingassistant